I like the way the authors of this Lustre post state…”Because of our longevity, retirement is not the finish line. Retirement from a long career is simply another point of reference. Where are we now?”
There is a lot of life left to live. Figuring out what is REALLY important during this time is critical to your retirement success. In addition to the question above, here are a few others that need to be answered.
- Why do you want to retire?
- How do you want to spend your time- the work/play mix?
- What are the really important things you still want to accomplish- now challenges to take on or things you have not done since your youth that you want to do again?
- Who do you want to spend your time with- perhaps meeting new people or reconnecting with people form your past?
- Where do you want to spend your time- travel more or maybe downsize and move to a new location?
These are just some of the questions that come up during the retirement transition. Pivot wisely!