What we do.
We believe that being prepared for retirement involves planning for the potential challenges and possible opportunities to people in their ‘Encore.’
We provide guidance on planning for the non-financial aspects of retirement-the physical, mental, social, and spiritual aspects that may affect a person during their transition into retirement.
We also believe that there are a number of challenges and opportunities that confront people as they move through the retirement phase of their lives, but that identifying the right resources can be daunting.
We also provide longevity resources to connect people to the right solution for their particular situation or issue.
Why we do it.
From reading the research and working with pre-retirees and retirees over the past five years, it is clear that 1) people do not give the non-financial side of retirement much thought, and 2) those who do not plan for what life in retirement looks like-by understanding the challenges and opportunities-are much less likely to enjoy a happy, meaningful, and successful retirement.
We want to help people live their ideal Encores.
Who we do it for.
We help clients of financial service organizations design their ideal life in retirement.
How we do it.
We believe that educating clients about the non-financial aspects is important-but also that people want to learn about it in a variety of ways. Different people learn best in different ways.
We provide education and guidance, and if needed, an accountability partner through the following ways:
- The process begins with a retirement assessment to look at where a person is in understanding the various aspects of a successful retirement and to identify the non-financial aspects they may want to focus on to make a smoother transition.
- One-on-one couples or individual coaching-provides clients the opportunity to share their thoughts with their coach in a one-on-one format.
- Group coaching-gives the person the option of sharing their thoughts with others as well as hearing ideas and feelings of others as they make the transition.
- Webinars-events to educate clients and prospects on the areas to plan for when considering retirement.
- Longevity Resources-access to experts in topics focused on the issues and challenges we face as we age through retirement. (MORE COMING SOON)
Who we are.
I founded My Life’s Encore with a simple idea, to help people answer the following question as they contemplate retirement, “What is my life’s encore?”
Figuring out what we want to do and be once we leave our primary career can be challenging.
When I began coaching clients, I found that what I really wanted to do was to bring this missing piece of retirement planning to clients of financial advisors and other companies in the financial advice industry.
In order to do this, I have partnered with other retirement coaches to provide a more comprehensive non-financial retirement planning experience-for both clients of financial advisors AND the financial advisory firms. It benefits both.
I work with financial advisory firms we partner with to implement longevity lifestyle planning services into their client experience and the retirement coaches work with the advisory firms’ clients. It is a partnership that provides a holistic retirement planning experience for clients.
The retirement coaches I have partnered with have 1) retirement coaching certifications, 2) have experience coaching clients, and 3) have gone through the retirement transition themselves (or have a spouse that has gone through the transition).
They understand the challenges and opportunities and they understand the thoughts and feelings that people go through during this transition.
Contact me to learn more about how we can help your current clients, attract the right prospects, and how helping clients plan for the non-financial side of retirement can benefit your firm.
Founder & CEO